My name is William “Billy” Coulter. Being an orthodontist is more than just straightening teeth. It’s an opportunity and an honor to help make others feel better about themselves and more confident about their appearance. Watching my patients’ smiles change and seeing their positive reactions to this change make what I do rewarding on both a professional and personal level.
You deserve the healthy, beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. I understand that choosing orthodontic care is a big decision and people have their own reasons for wanting to improve the way they look and feel. All of us at Coulter Orthodontics pledge to treat you with the utmost compassion and respect at all times.Education/Continuing Education
- Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC – B.S. in Science, 1994
- College of Dental Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), Charleston, SC – DMD, 1998
- Medical College of Georgia, Completed 30-month residency specializing in Orthodontics – 2000
Every year I actively pursue continuing education courses through seminars, lectures, and conferences. Technology changes rapidly, and I must stay abreast of new developments in treatment processes and options to provide the best care to my patients.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- South Carolina Dental Association
- MUSC College of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- National Dental Honor Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon
I have been practicing orthodontics in the Sumter/Manning area since January, 2001. I live here and help raise my family here. My friends and patients are here. I am part of this community, and I am proud to call this area home.
- Active with local schools and community youth sports.
- Member of First Presbyterian Church in Sumter where he and his family attend and where they continue to be active.
- Other interests include traveling, tennis and fishing